- Previously 'Tile Map'
- Possibly the most interesting visualization
- Requires mappings to be configured with geo_point type
- For previously populated log data cannot modify mapping for coordinates
- We will have to delete the indices created, re-create indices with mapping, and to re-populate data
- Shell script prepared for you right-click and save
- Or download the script to the sandbox by running following command:
curl -o geoMappings.sh https://elasticsearch-courseware-2d.icssolutions.ca/examples/data-sets/geoMappings.sh
chmod +xwill be required to grant execution permission
- Execute the script:
- Go back to Visualize tab and select 'Coordinate map'
- Here it is a bit tricky - may need to go back to settings and refresh the fields
- Select 'Geo Coordinates' and select 'geo.coordinates' field
- Select 'green arrow' on top to apply changes and explore zoom in/out
- Switch to advanced options and check-out wms
- There are terms of service for the maps service apparently separate from the elastic search product, go figure...