- Logstash requires Java 8 Oracle or OpenJDK, Java 9 is not supported
- Linux distribution repository is available similary to other Elastic.co products
- A Docker image has been made available by Elastic.co, more about docker later...
- If installing manually - do not install into a directory path that contains colon (:) characters
- Pipeline configuration files define the default Logstash processing pipeline: ALL files in /etc/logstash/conf.d folder
NOTE: Logstash 6.0 and higher has support for running multiple pipelines which defined in pipelines.yml file.
- Settings files specify options for Logstash startup and execution:
- /etc/logstash/logstash.yml - configuration flags
- /etc/logstash/jvm.options - contains JVM configuration flags
- /etc/logstash/startup.options - used by system-install to create logstash service or services
- Basic pipeline with Logstash