- Login into your ElasticSearch sandbox
- Make sure elastic search is running:
sudo service elasticsearch restart
- Populate few sample data borrowed from data.gov:
curl https://elasticsearch-courseware.icssolutions.ca/examples/data-sets/collisions.txt -o collisions.txt
curl -XPOST 'localhost:9200/_bulk' -H 'content-type:application/json' --data-binary "@collisions.txt"
- Confirm there are some records to search on:
- How many documents did you find?
- Pick couple of options to search on: different leaf and compound clauses, different field types
- Rewrite your queries into filtered query
- You will be asked to present your findings to others